Our firm is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of our clients. We hold all personal data provided to us in the strictest confidence. Indeed, we require your permission prior to discussing your affairs with anyone external to the firm.
As part of the financial planning process we gather and use your private financial and health data to help you achieve your goals and objectives. Our policy is to never disclose your private and personal information to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law or to carry out the duties for which you have retained us.
Specifically HK Financial Inc.’s policy with respect to personal information is as follows:
- Access to information is limited to employees who have a business or professional reason for knowing it and only to non-affiliated parties as permitted or required by law.
- We maintain a secure physical office and our computer network are protected to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information (such as a clearing broker providing services to you or Pacific West Securities, Inc. and Pacific West Financial Consultants, Inc.) we also require strict confidentiality and expect them to keep this information private.
- We do not provide your personal information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Disclosure of private client information is an offense subjecting employees to termination.
- We will maintain your files containing your data as long as you are a client, as required by law and the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of retention, all such information will be appropriately destroyed.
- While none of this is new for us, recent federal legislation requires that we communicate our policy in writing to you. If you have any questions regarding our policy, please feel free to contact us.
Statement of Responsible Online Marketing
HK Financial is committed to protecting the privacy of online users and eliminating unsolicited emails. All personal information such as phone numbers, email address, work address, etc, that you submit to us for any reason is kept confidential. We never sell, barter, or trade personal information to any third party.
What information we may collect is optionally provided by you, such as your name, email address, phone number, and postal code. If you provide this information, it is used only to communicate with you about opportunities with HK Financial and we do not use it internally for any other purpose; it is never sold, rented, or shared with any third party.
- Linked Sites
Web sites accessed via hypertext link or other means from this Web site have, unless otherwise indicated, been independently developed by third parties and we do not control the care of your privacy on these sites.